Each year at the DRI International annual conference, the Awards of Excellence program honors the leaders and innovators in the fields of continuity management, technology recovery, and crisis and risk management.
- It’s easy to nominate people, teams and organizations/companies. Go to Awards of Excellence Nominations and fill out the nomination form.
- The Awards of Excellence are made up of 9 categories – read about them in the Awards of Excellence Categories section below to learn more.
- The judging process employs a secure online voting, submission and review mechanism. Learn more about it in the Awards of Excellence Judging Process section below.
- For more information on the Awards of Excellence, see our FAQs section below.
Be sure to get your nominations and votes in by December 2, 2019. Awards will be presented at the DRI Conference on March 3, 2020 at the Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort & Spa in Savannah, GA.
We look forward to seeing you there!
Letter from AnneMarie Staley, Chair of DRI International Awards of Excellence Program
Our conference has been growing exponentially each year and that’s why we’re ecstatic to bring our 9th annual conference on March 1-4, 2020 to Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort & Spa in Savannah! Now’s your chance to nominate your team, colleague, mentor, or yourself in the 2020 DRI International Awards of Excellence.
We strongly believe that as the premier accreditation organization in the Business Continuity arena it is our duty to recognize and celebrate excellence. DRI International honors individuals and organizations who are leaders and innovators within our profession and we recognize those who have achieved a level of excellence in the industry.
The call for nominations has begun and we are looking forward to receiving your nominations and reading your submissions. The DRI Awards of Excellence present a unique opportunity for professionals and organizations to be publicly acknowledged as leaders in their field amongst their peers in the industry.
The nomination process is easy. Simply log go to Awards of Excellence Nominations to get started. The awards will be presented at the Awards of Excellence Gala Dinner at the Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort & Spa in Savannah, GA on Tuesday evening, March 3, 2020.
Remember, to be considered, you must submit your nominations by December 2, 2019.
If you need help or more information, please contact us by calling (866) 542-3744 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
DRI International Awards of Excellence Program
DRI International Awards of Excellence Categories
Program Leader of the Year (Private Sector)
This award goes to the business continuity program leader who has demonstrated exceptional innovation and leadership within the private sector, as well as a deep understanding of the continuity issues most important to the field. Strategic thinking, collaborative teamwork, and exceptional communication skills are the benchmarks of an exceptional program leader, and nominations will be judged by these criteria.
Program Leader of the Year (Public Sector)
The winner of this award will have enhanced the business resilience of a public sector organization, while improving community preparedness as a champion of business continuity to local businesses. Nominations will be evaluated on experience and understanding of business continuity issues and best practices, promotion of BCM in the community, as well as the ability to successfully navigate organizational, legislative, or community challenges to achieve success.
Program Leader of the Year (Non-Profit Sector – 501(c)(3))
This award recognizes those practitioners working to make the non-profit sector more resilient, by strengthening relationships among service suppliers, insurers, and continuity professionals, as well as developing creative, effective approaches to continuity planning and promotion. Entries will be judged on experience, understanding of continuity issues and best practices, and creative problem-solving.
Consultant of the Year
This award recognizes consultants who excel in the field of business continuity program management, use creative problem solving to tackle difficult issues, and instill a culture of continuity in every organization with which they work. Among the deciding factors in the selection process: evidence of strong relationships with clients and other continuity professionals, as well as innovative ideas on the future of continuity planning.
Newcomer of the Year
This award welcomes and encourages those who are new to the profession and bring with them fresh ideas and perspectives. The award recognizes up-and-coming leaders who display ingenuity and understand the wider impact of business continuity within their organizations.
Lifetime Achievement Award (Voted online)
This award honors the most experienced professionals in the industry for the stellar work they have done over the course of their careers. The recipient of the Lifetime Achievement Award is well-regarded among continuity professionals and has a track record of professional success and respect from peers in the field. DRI Certified Professionals will have the opportunity to vote for the nominee of their choice.
Team of the Year
This award recognizes excellent business continuity teams, of which essential ingredients are collaboration and communication. Nominees will display exceptional teamwork within the business continuity department, in-house across the organization, and with external consultants and partners.
Response and Recovery of the Year
The ability to recover from a disaster – whether it was a hardware/software failure, a product recall, a natural disaster, or some other catastrophic event – is the foundation on which business continuity is built. This award recognizes those who have successfully bounced back from a major incident using their plans, skills, and creativity.
Product/Service Provider of the Year (Voted online)
Recognizing the best in products and services developed for business continuity providers, this award is decided by online votes from DRI Certified Professionals across all industry sectors. These providers show they are committed to promoting business continuity to both their core customer base and the wider consumer market. Judges award innovation and quality as well as customer service, staff awareness, training activities, and other strong efforts.
DRI International Awards of Excellence Judging Process
The awards judging process employs a secure online voting, submission and review mechanism, which ensures integrity and accountability at each level of submission and review:
Each potential finalist nominee and winner is reviewed entirely by a blind judging process.
- All submissions are thoroughly scrubbed to guarantee that the judges do not see anyone’s name, identifying company, or other personal identifying information, so they may remain impartial.
- A randomly generated number is assigned to each submission – this is the only identifier known to the judges.
- Judges are only permitted to view the nominee’s submission and any accompanying documentation that was provided.
The review process involves two rounds of judging:
- In the first round, judges are responsible for selecting two or more finalists in each category. The submission by any nominee for a category must meet the Professional Practices standards and requirements of that category.
- If an award category fails to garner a minimum of two nominees by the submission deadline date, that award category is suspended for that year and no award will be given for that particular award category.
- If an award category does garner a minimum of two nominees by the submission deadline date, each selected finalist is reviewed twice, at a minimum, in this round.
- The second round of judging involves a further review of the finalist submissions and one winner in each category is selected.
- At the discretion of the judges, finalists may be contacted to verify submitted information.
- All winners are announced at the Awards of Excellence Gala Dinner.
I’m looking forward to seeing everyone’s nominations for 2020. Good luck!
Senior Director of Operations and Certification
DRI International Awards of Excellence and Gala Dinner FAQs
- What are the Awards of Excellence?
The industry awards presented by DRI International are known as the Awards of Excellence and are awarded in categories that recognize those who have achieved a level of excellence in the fields of continuity management, technology recovery (DR), and crisis and risk management through a nomination and judging process. The award presentations will be made at the Gala Dinner to be held at the culmination of the DRI2020 conference in Savannah, GA, on Tuesday, March 3, 2020.
- What is the Gala Dinner?
The Gala Dinner is an event that recognizes the finalists and winners of the Awards of Excellence. The Gala Dinner will be held during the DRI2020 conference at the Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort & Spa in Savannah, GA, on Tuesday evening, March 3, 2020.
- Where can I find information on the categories of the Awards of Excellence?
Information on each of the categories can be found under Submit a Nomination.
- Can I nominate myself/ my own company/ my own product/ my strategy?
Yes. Please note that some categories require customer/client endorsements. Please see individual category criteria for more details under Submit a Nomination.
- Can I submit more than one entry or be nominated for multiple categories?
Yes. However, please ensure that you follow the entry criteria for each individual category to which you submit.
- Does an individual have to be DRI certified to be considered for an award?
No. To be considered for an award, you need only meet the experience required in the entry criteria against the identified Professional Practices. Anyone may nominate you for any category – and the person nominating you does not have to be a DRI Certified Professional.
- Does an individual have to be DRI certified to be considered for an online award?
No. To be considered for either of the online awards, you need only meet the experience required in the entry criteria.
- Does an individual have to be DRI certified to vote for an online award?
Yes. In order to vote for either or both of the online categories (Lifetime Achievement and Service Provider of the Year), you must be a DRI Certified, current, active member. You can only vote once for each category.
- How do I submit a nomination?
Please follow the instructions by going to Submit a Nomination on our website. If you need clarification about the nomination submission process, please contact us at 1-866-542-3744 or email email@example.com.
- How long do I have to submit a nomination?
The period for submitting category or online nominations begins August 1, 2019 and ends on December 2, 2019.
- When can I vote for the online nominees?
The voting period for the two online categories begins on December 9, 2019 and ends on January 6, 2020.
- When will I know if I, or my company, have been shortlisted?
The shortlist of finalists for the 2020 Awards will be posted January 9, 2020, unless otherwise advised, on the www.drii.org website.
- If I send hard copies of my entry, can I expect to have them returned?
We cannot guarantee the return of hard copies, but special circumstances may permit the return of some materials if you request to have them returned.
- Can I be assured that my nomination will be treated in strictest confidence?
Yes. Each of our judges has signed a Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA).
- I am not based in the United States. May I still submit an entry?
Yes. The Awards are internationally recognized. We only ask that your entries be submitted in English.
- Is there a fee for submitting an entry?
No, there is no cost for making a submission.
- May I send more than the recommended number of words (1,000) for my entry?
You may send supporting material, but we cannot guarantee it will all be read by the judges. The focus of your submission should be on the 1,000 word online entry. The system does allow you to cut and paste information directly into the essay field.
- What happens if there is only one nomination for a category?
If there is only one nomination entry for a category, that entry will not be selected/judged/voted upon for the DRI award. There must be at least two or more nominations for each category.
- What is the judging period for the 2020 Awards?
- Submit nominations online: August 1, 2019 through December 2, 2019
- Lifetime Achievement Award and Product/Service Provider of the Year online nominations are from August 1, 2019 to December 2, 2019
- Lifetime Achievement Award and Product/Service Provider of the Year online voting opens to the DRI community from December 9, 2019 through January 6, 2020
- Judges select Finalist Nominees: December 9, 2019 through January 6, 2020
- Finalist Nominees shortlist published: January 9, 2020, unless otherwise stated
- The winners revealed: Tuesday, March 3, 2020 at the Awards Gala Dinner
- When can I vote for the online categories of Lifetime Achievement and Service Provider of the Year?
You will be able to vote for these two categories beginning December 9, 2019.
- I’m attending the conference, is there a fee to attend the Awards of Excellence and Gala Dinner?
No. The cost for attending the Awards of Excellence and Gala Dinner is included in the conference package. Please make sure you indicate whether you are attending and make a food selection when you register for the conference.
- Can I bring a guest to the Awards of Excellence and Gala Dinner?
Yes. If your guest is not a conference attendee, there will be a separate $125 fee. Remember, conference attendees can attend the Awards dinner free of charge. When registering for the conference, please indicate if you are bringing a guest(s) who is not a conference participant.
- What time does the Awards of Excellence and Gala Dinner start?
The evening will begin with a cocktail reception and DRI Foundation Auction at the Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort & Spa in Savannah, GA, at 6:30 p.m. on Tuesday, March 3, 2020. The Awards and Dinner service will begin at 8:00 p.m
- Is there assigned seating at the dinner?
While there will be some assigned seating for sponsors, the rest of the seating will be open plan style.
- What is the dress code for this event?
The dress code is evening attire – semi-formal, cocktail dress or dark business suit.
- Can we sponsor a category in the 2020 Awards?
Yes. Please contact Russell Wooldridge at (410) 379-2101 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Do you have a question that we haven’t already answered?
Please contact us at (866) 542-3744 or email email@example.com.
What is the DRI International Honor Roll award?
The DRI International Honor Roll award was conceived in 2007 and is awarded annually to the person who has demonstrated exceptional service to DRI and the industry as a whole; has contributed to the growth of DRI and DRI’s reputation; and is a prominent member of the BCP/DR/ERM community. The award is voted on by the DRI Board of Directors.
Honor Roll Nomination Criteria:
- Demonstrates exceptional service to DRI and the industry as a whole
- Contributes to the growth of DRI and DRI’s reputation; and/or
- Is a prominent member of the BCP/DR/ERM community.
Past Award Winners